Gone are the days when CIOs were simply department heads of a support function. Any CIO worth his salt today must know how to leverage technology to create value for the business. They are in the driver’s seat and need to be more than just subject-matter experts.
According to International Data Group (IDG)’s ‘State of the CIO Study 2022’, 58% of workers outside of IT describe their company’s CIO as a “strategic advisor who proactively identifies business opportunities and makes recommendations”.
In this special feature, we showcase a torchbearer of retail technology, Hariharan Iyer, CIO, Raymond Group.
Hariharan Iyer is a dynamic, result-oriented leader, with a strong track record of performance in turnaround and high-paced organisations. He has been a successful leader specializing in business information technology and operations with demonstrated success in developing strategies and directing technology initiatives that produce high levels of performance and profitability.
He also has set a track record for developing state of-the-art e-commerce and heterogenous business systems architectures. Iyer’s expertise lies in project management, systems infrastructures, security, network integration, Internet based development, mobile application rollout, database design, cloud-based integration and quality implementation.
Iyer also has extensive experience in designing, modelling, and managing project development life cycles from inception to commercial delivery of world class products and service.
Roles & Responsibilities
– Project management
– Systems infrastructures
– Network integration
– Internet based development
– Database design
– Quality implementation
– Project, vendor and team management
– Business analysis
– Strategic planning
– Business development Security
– Product development
Career History & Experience
– Raymond Group, Group CIO, January 2019 – present
– DHL, Chief Digital Officer & Chief Information Officer, January 2018 – January 2019
– Monetizing Utility & Design IP, IP Monetization, January 2014 – January 2018
– Mahyco, Group CIO, January 2009 – January 2014
– Reliance, Senior General Manager, April 2003 – December 2008
– Tata Finance, Senior General Manager, January 2002 – March 2003
– CGI, Chief Technology Officer, March 2000 – Dec 2001
– ARBNet, Chief Technology Officer, January 1999 – November 2000
This article first appeared in the November 2022 edition of Images Retail.